Thursday, July 28, 2011

Zig-Zagerific!

Slowly but surely my living room is coming together.  I still need to paint the sectional legs and the coffee table, and I also need to find some art.
My least favorite feature of the room is the beige carpet.  Aren't I Little Miss Anti-Beige these days?  Sadly new flooring is not in the budget at this time.  I usually am not a fan of carpet on carpet, but I decided it was the economical answer.

I fell in love with this rug on the cover of one of Jonathan Adler's books.  Of course his rugs retail in the $1,000s.  Might as well get all new floors.
After a little shopping around I found a similar rug at West Elm, but it was still a little more than I wanted to spend.

The next best thing I found was at The O, Overstock.com.  The chevrons were smaller and not stretched out as much but it was cheaper.  I was worried about it looking too busy, but once I figured it was 1/3 the price of the West Elm rug I was sold.  And shipping was only $2.95!  Double sold.

I loved it immediately.  I had a difficult time getting it under my sectional; it required taking it apart a bit.  Pablo was so confused.
 Then I put everything back together and Pablo resumed his normal activity of licking pillows.
I was originally going to get a whole new coffee table but the size of my old one seems to be working.  I figure I'll give painting it a shot first.  I'm thinking something kind of bold like a bright coral, orangish-red.  We'll see.
So it you ignore the brown coffee table along with the coffee table books and Wii Fit Board trying to uncurl the rug, I really think it works perfect.  It's loud enough to draw your eye away from the beige carpet yet it doesn't compete with the colors in the room.  (Sidenote:  I think the colors are bolder in real life.  My camera doesn't do a great job with indoor wideshot photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment