Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Indoor Gardening

One thing I was really looking forward to once I owned a house was gardening.  I'm really hoping to do a raised bed next planting season and trying to grow some basics: tomatoes, onions, peppers.  There seems to be no end to the 100+ temperatures outside lately so it will definitely need to wait.  Until then, I'm taking it inside!  I bought a cute Smith & Hawken herb set on clearance at Target.
 It came with seeds for Chives, Sweet Basil and Parsley.  That sounded like a good combo to start with.  The instructions had me soak the 4 soil pellets in 3 cups of lukewarm water until the water disappeared and potting soil remained.  It happened pretty darn fast! 


 I equally distributed the dirt into the three pots and then planted one type of seed in each one.  They suggested a sunny home for my growing herbs so I've stuck them on my windowsill in the Kitchen.  I can't wait until I can add my homegrown herbs to my favorite dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment