Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pavestone Patio

One hidden feature of my house that I didn't know about was the pavestone patio.  It comes off the back of the house about 4-5 feet deep and spans the entire length.  My backyard was so overgrown when first viewing it that I never noticed it.  I'd even had long conversations with my dad about what kind of patio I should put in, stone versus wood.  Imagine our surprise on move in day when we unearthed it!  My dad was clearing the yard enough to take down overgrown branches and stumbled upon it. 

I'm in the process of trying to kill off all over the grass that is growing through the stones but it's a long process.  Eventually my Roundup will get it all.  Because the patio was long and narrow I figured it would be great for a couch and coffee table patio set.  I have been keeping and eye on prices and once Home Depot marked all their outdoor furniture down I ordered a set.  They delivered it for free when I bought it online.  That was way easier than trying to fit it all in my car and driving it home. 


As you can see, I'm still trying to kill the patio grass.  The furniture arrived right before I left town so I still haven't had a chance to remove all the tags and stickers, but so far I love it.  It's comfy and fits the space perfectly.  Now if I can just get the weather to cool off a little so that I can actually enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment