Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cubism

When I saw these photo cubes in the dollar bins at Target I instantly had flashbacks of my childhood. The room I stayed in while visiting my grandparents in Oklahoma had three of these in it. I was always fascinated by the photos of my dad and his siblings in their teen years that filled the small panes. I knew immediately I had to buy some, especially at $1 a pop.

I surfed the net for photos and printed them out as power point slides. For the first one I went with classic Texas images that evoked fun memories: vintage signs, a longhorn and even gruene hall.


For the second one I used a variety of skeleton key photos with white backgrounds.

I haven't decided what to do with the third but so far I'm very happy with my $3 art project. A modern display that brings back the good ol' days.  Can't beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment