Thursday, July 21, 2011

Still Spraying

I'm really scared about the day I run out of things to spray paint.  There's no telling how I'll handle it.  If you come over and Pablo's pink, you'll know what happened.  Luckily I'm still finding things around the house to alter.  In moving to the new house, I'm changing my color palette pretty extremely.  This means I have a lot of random decorative items that just don't match.  They are perfectly good objects, just the wrong color.  Well, that's nothing me and a can of Rustoleum can't fix!

Enter Red Vase/Bottle Thing.  This was given to me by an exboyfriend's mom because she knew I had a red kitchen.  Which I did.  But now I don't.  I have been on the search for tall objects to bring in some color on my fireplace mantle and right as I was giving up, I spotted this vase/bottle thing in my cast offs.  All it needed was a little yellow spray paint and I had some in the garage!
 I started with a coat of white primer to make sure the red didn't bleed thru and the yellow didn't come off.
A couple of coats of glossy Sun Yellow and I had completely repurposed my Red Vase/Bottle Thing.

I love the way the bright yellow looks against the dark grey.  It also ties in with my yellow pillows and my random yellow chick.

So thank you Red Vase/Bottle Thing for feeding my habit for a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment