Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Garage Tour

My house only came with a one car garage.  Not ideal but I figured I could just add a shed to the back yard for additional storage.  Then came move in day.  With the help of my dad we figured out my car is about 6 inches too long for my garage.  This was kind of a shocker considering the house was built in the 40's and I thought cars back then were huge.  No worries, I would just park in my driveway and use my garage for storage.  Now I didn't need to buy a shed.

 I managed to fill the garage up pretty quickly so now it's just a matter of making sure I keep it organized.
My most used tools are on this nifty little peg board I installed.  The empty spaces are probably scattered around my house right now, awaiting projects to be finished.  Below the peg board I have drawers for larger items and a divided case for keeping track of all my small hardware.
Next to that I put up some shelves to hold paint, power tools, and other random garage items.  Here's my growing collection of spray paint just begging for attention.

Next to the shelves I've add some wall mounted storage accessories to help cut down on the clutter.

My favorite find so far has been my $5 Husky strap

It makes it so easy to rehang my extension cord, just velcro it back in!  Much easier than winding it on a roller-thingy, or whatever they're called. 
I've got my new ladder hanging on the opposite wall on a couple of rubber wrapped ladder hooks.  I bought a pack of several heavy duty hooks and will hopefully get my bike and bike rack hung soon!  With all the new tools required of owning and maintaining a lawn, my little garage is filling up quickly.  Here's the latest addition to my yard arsenal:
A leaf blower!  I went with the cheapest one I could find at Home Depot ($29.99) even though it only claimed a power level of 3 out of 10.  After using it last weekend, I can't imagine why I'd ever need more power!  That thing swept of the sidewalks and patio in seconds.  It has the power of my Dyson...but in reverse!  My manual sweeping days are over and I couldn't be more excited.  Now if I could just find a good place to keep it in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment