Thursday, December 29, 2011

Remastering My Bedroom

This master bedroom has had me all over the map.  Everytime I get a duvet on my bed it just doesn't work out.  First we had the all white look that was just boring.
Next I tried the Moroccan duvet that ending up matching the guest room walls better than my grey walls.

The last few months I've been using this great Missoni for Target duvet cover.  I love all the colors but haven't for the life of me figured out have to pull the colors I want out and decorate the rest of the room.

I think the small print against the dark headboard was pulling out too much brown and I just didn't want to go that direction.  I have decided to move this fabric to my office (possibly repurposing the duvet as a chair cover and/or pillows).  It will look nice with the wood floors.  This brings us to the latest incarnation of my Master Bedroom.

I love it!  It's simple, clean, and has patterns and it can basically work as a blank slate along with the grey walls to allow the pops of fun colors I've been wanting to add.  Thanks to West Elm's Pre and Post Christmas sales I was able to get the duvet and two shams for a bargain.  The grey sheets I've had matched perfect.

So after 4 different looks I think I finally found my winner!  Actually, I feel all my duvets were winners, it was just a matter of finding where they were best suited to live. 

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I think the Moroccan is still my favorite so I'm glad it just went down the hall. :)

    ReplyDelete