Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Small Appliances!

As we head into the New Year, it's been out with the old, in with the new in my kitchen.  Thanks to a hefty load from Santa, my most used appliances have moved up into the 21st century.  And we close out 2011 and think of all the fond memories we will carry with us into 2012, I will do the same with my appliances.
George, your Foreman grill and I had some great years.  I can't even count the number of chicken breast that have sizzled on your plates.  But now I have the Cuisinart Griddler.  It opens up flat so you can cook on both plates.  It has removable plates for easier washing.  And it makes WAFFLES!  Sorry George, it's been fun.

Flowered Crock-Pot, you've been great.  When I went off to work, you stayed at home to cook soups and stews and roasts.  Nothing is better than coming home on a cold evening to a warm meal.  But you were a pain to clean and store leftovers.  Your new stainless cousin has a removable pot that can go in the dish washer, or can hold a lid and go right into the fridge.  Sorry to cause any tension in the Crock-Pot family but it's just time for me to move on.

Avocado Green Hand Mixer, boy could you tell stories.  I'm pretty sure you've been mixing since before I was born.  You probably mixed my birthday cakes growing up.  And I was honored when my mom passed you down to me.  But your cord won't stay in and it's really hard to mix, hold a bowl, and keep you plugged in all that the same time.  Not to mention, this new guy came with a WHISK!  I've never owned a whisk.  So thanks for all your hard work over the years, enjoy your retirement.  You earned it!

Old pots, we never really got along, did we?  I mean it was both of our fault.  You don't like to quick-release grease and grime, and I really don't care for hard to clean items.  Let's not even bring up the skillet I killed over Thanksgiving.  Sometimes things just aren't a match and you must move on.  These news guys promise to be non-stick!  And I promise to clean them properly.  See?  We're already off to a good start.

So with my goodbyes said, I look forward to cooking in the new year.  And cleaning, if I must.  Happy New Years everyone!  See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment