Wednesday, July 11, 2012

He Was Framed!

This weekend I finally found the perfect frame for my portrait of Pablo.

 I have been on a mission for a big gaudy carved frame that was gold and slightly obnoxious.  Mission accomplished!
Now, this frame is a hair too big but the price was right so I grabbed it.  I found it at an antique shop down on Industrial  Riverfront.  It is orginally from Belgium. When the picture is centered in the frame there is about 1/2 a centimeter around the entire canvas.  I'm thinking I should be able to fix this by building an inner moulding frame and then painting it. 

The frame itself sits up from the wall about 3" and adds about 5" all the way around.  It's much more fabulous in person.  Pablo is quite excited.  You know who's not excited?  Stewart.  He has been told that he will not get his portrait added to the gallery until he stops eating my pillows.

You may remember this pillow from yesterday's post.  It's one of my brand new ones, and it was slaughtered yesterday while I toiled away at the office trying to earn enough money to afford Stewart's fancy grain-free dog food that he goes through like it's going out of style.  But I'm not bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment