Monday, July 23, 2012

Too Hot for Home Improvement

As temperatures cruised past 100 this weekend, I was just too hot to get anything done.  I especially couldn't seem to cool down all day Sunday.  I couldn't motivate myself to mow the lawn.  I broke a sweat just switching out loads of laundry.  I even got worried for a second that I might be getting sick because I was so hot.  But then the dogs started panting.  I went and checked my thermostat and it was a balmy 85 in my house!  The AC was running but was not actually cooling the air.  Ugh.  At least now I don't feel as lazy.  I have no clue when it went out but by Sunday evening it was like living in a sauna.  I spent most of the night awake, sweating, and covering my body with various bags of frozen vegetables.  Here is Stewart posing with some edamame.
Around 4am we all headed to the backyard for a while to play.  It was only 80 out there and my house was nearing 90.  It was quite the all nighter.  Sadly my AC people can not come out until tomorrow morning so it looks like we will be pulling another one tonight.  Send cool thoughts our way.  Or more frozen peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment