Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anger Issues

I came home from dinner Tuesday night to the sight of feathers.  I opened the front door and they greeted me in the dining room, fluttering about in the breeze created by Stewart's wagging tail.  There were just a few but I saw the trail kept going.  There were feathers in the hallway, the kitchen, my bedroom, on my actual bed even.  It wasn't until I entered the livingroom that I figured out where they came from.

One little throw pillow created the largest mass of down feathers I've ever seen!  Pablo had been eating food on this pillow earlier in the evening so I guess the smell attracted Stewart and he became convinced there was more food inside of it.  Sigh.  On a positive note, it was one of my old pillows that didn't really match my living room. 

It is pretty much beyond repair.  I really just kept it around because it was my favorite nap pillow.  Luckily it was one in a set.  Knock on wood that Stewart leaves the surviving pillow alone.  As I cleaned feathers, he did look a little remorseful.

It was amazing how many feathers were jammed into that little pillow.  I filled canister after canister with my Dyson.  I'm pretty sure I will be finding stray feathers around my house for years to come.  It was just impossible to get them all up.

Oh no you don't!  Stewart checking out the surviving pillow

Feather tumbleweeds

This is really Stewart's first destructive moment.  Until now, he has only moved things around my house, but not chewed them up.  I find my hairbrush in the dining room.  One stray evening shoe will be hanging out in the livingroom.  Never chewed up though.  I admit, things have been busy lately.  I feel like I'm never home and when I am I've been distracted.  Apparently this was Stewart's little way of showing me my failings as a dog parent.  I've promised to be better.  Or maybe he was just offended that the olive velvet pillows didn't match anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment