Friday, July 27, 2012

Martha Makeover

The end table from my condo living room has been quite neglected the past year.  It has been living in my garage for the past several months and before that, it was living in the back yard.  It's been rained on, baked in the sun and then covered in garage cobwebs.  I didn't really have any use for it but I thought if I gave it a makeover, I might come up with one.
I primed it with leftover Kilz to cover the staining technique and also kill any nasty mold or whatnot the table may have picked up while it lived in my yard.  I picked out a silver metallic paint from the Martha Stewart line at Home Depot.  This little container was about $6.

I basically finished the table during 2 nights of Prime Time TV.  I love evening living room projects.


I walked around the house looking for a home for it and settled on the guest room for now.  The guest room had one nice nightstand and then one puny plant stand on the other side. 

My lamp is still a little undersized but the proportion of the end table works much better than the plant stand.

It makes the bed a little more balanced.  It fades into the corner with my beige walls and gold curtains but some day I'll get around to changing all that.  I'd also like to eventually find a headboard.  But for now, this ended up being a great $6 solution to the nightstand problem!  Thanks, Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment