Monday, July 16, 2012

New Job

Not for me.  For Stewart.  Last Wednesday I came home from work to yet another pillow catastrophe.
Luckily no feathers were involved this go round but it was frustrating nonetheless.  Even Pablo is fed up with Stewart's shenanigans.

I was at wit's end so I threw Stewart into the car and headed to Petsmart.  I was lucky to come across the world's most helpful sales associate/dog trainer.  She talked me off my ledge.  She said that since Stewart was currently on exercise restrictions (due to his heartworm treatment) he had effectively lost his job.  That job being People Walker.  We are still taking short walks but it's a change from his runs he was enjoying in June.  Since his unemployment is technically just a furlow until September, he would need to pick up some temporary work in the meantime.  Stewart's new job?  Puzzlemaster.

I will no longer be feeding Stewart out of a dog bowl.  All his food will be inside these "puzzles" and he will have to work to get it out. 


He seems to have picked up on his duties pretty quickly.  The Wobbler is his least favorite but that's probably because it's the hardest.  The theory behind all this really made sense and I'm happy to report that we've had no casualties since Wednesday.  While at the aquarium on Saturday (more on that here), I noticed dogs aren't the only ones that get bored and need jobs.
I'm not sure what this octopus did to get him in to trouble, must have been chewing on the coral.  I really hope we've found a good temporary job for Stewart.  He seems pretty beat after a long day at work now.
Once we getting this issue licked, I can go back to decorating the house instead of just cleaning and repairing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment