Thursday, July 12, 2012

Musical Furniture

The dining room side of my front room is looking good but it is putting to shame the random area on the other side of the room.  This is the area to the left of the front door, now home to a coat rack, and the area directly in front of you when you come through the door.  Here are some older pictures. 

I don't take a lot of picture of the areas since they are just holding random furniture right now.  The tragic white cabinet will eventually move out to the garage for additional storage and the large TV cabinet is actually available for a new home, if I can find it one.  I decided having these pieces in my space was blocking my ability to make any progress so last weekend I moved things around a bit.

The armoire was moved into the guest room for the time being.  This is not a permanent move.  It is too bulky for the room but it'll do for now.


I cleared out my coat area so I could try to visualize what I want to do here.  I think it may end up like a tiny sitting area because it may be where I store my extra dining chairs (if and when I get some).

The tragic white cabinet is now acting like a place holder in my entry area.  I've got my Dallas aerial hanging approximately as it will be when I'm all done.

As I've mentioned before, what I want for this area is a bright, funky console table.  I'm having problems finding what I need because it has to be no wider than 39 inches.  Most are 40" and up.  Here's some stuff along the lines I'm thinking.

I'm willing to paint whatever piece I find but I just know that I want something semi-ornate like these tables from the UK.  I may go pink or yellow or purple, maybe orange.  I just have to find a table first.  Feel free to donate any Baroque 39" tables you have laying around the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment