Tuesday, October 9, 2012

1/4 of the Office Complete

I am slowly making progress on my office.  Football season and traveling seem to keep getting in the way but I'm not complaining.  This weekend I moved my desk onto the opposite wall in the office and started semi-styling that corner.
I love the way it is turning out.  And I like having the desk in this corner because it's one of the first areas you see when you walk in the room.  I added a couple of shelves above the desk to hold some of my orange accents.  As you can see, these shelves were originally various colors.

I also bought a $6 bulletin board at Walmart and spray painted the entire thing white.

To help out my orange storage boxes, I picked up this cute random ceremic piece at Target for about $5.
Here's is a picture with my old desk chair.  I found this chair by the garbage dumpster of my old complex.  It was brown wood and I painted it black.  Now I'm trying to decide on what color to paint for this room.  White?  Orange?  Kelly Green?  Hot Pink?  White with an orange seat? I just can't decide.

Don't let this clean corner of the room deceive you because right across from it is my pile o'shame.  Not really shame, but clutter.
As I work my way around the room this stuff should all find a home, even if that home looks vaguely like a trash can.  The opposite wall of the office is just a hodge podge of stuff.  The MASSIVE red chair is throwing off my plan.  It's just too big for this room. 

Bevo's pouting after a loss to West Virginia


I can't decide if this chair just needs to go or if I'm going to be able to work it in some how.  While I think about it, I've started to organize the closets in the room first.  That should keep me busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment