Thursday, October 11, 2012

Backyard Update

I've been coming up with various master landscaping plans for my backyard lately.  I think I may be able to get some of my beds formed this fall/winter and then have them all ready and weed/grass free by spring planting season.  This past summer taught me alot about the sun exposure in various parts of my yard.  I learned what plants thrived and which ones just died.  Luckily, my main plants are all doing good. 

The new roses I planted went through a bit of shock at first but they are now sprouting new growth so I think they are going to make it.  They aren't the prettiest things right now but I see their potential.


And my crape myrtle is looking good as well.  I have no idea how long it will take for it to grow another 8 feet but I haven't noticed any movement as of yet.

And of course my garden is still growing like crazy.  I'm picking peppers a few times a week to keep up.

The challenge coming up will be to connect all of these features into some sort of flowing backyard landscaping.  Nothing like a little manual labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment