Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Painting Resumes

Last night I convinced myself to pick the paint brush back up after a brief hiatus.  I blame all the Fall TV premiere season for this lazyness.  I finally reopened the white paint and started working on the doors in my office.

Not a huge improvement but I will have another coat to do.  While I was at it I decided to give my hallway outside the office some attention.  It's not a huge area but it has 4 doorways so it is labor intensive.  And since you can see this area from my front dining room, I'd really like to get it freshened up.  Here are the before shots:



Ideally this area will eventually look like the other hallway off the dining room that heads to the livingroom.
It is going to take some time, but at least I got the first coat of white on all the trim.  Just cleaning up the trim makes the area less blah.
These are the biggest updates but they are enough to motivate me to keep on painting.  Eventually the bathroom and guest room off this hall will be painted as well.  At that point I will have repainted EVERY piece of trim in my house.  Whew.  I'm about a year and a half in.  I predict all painting will be done by the 2 year anniversary, May 31, 2013.  Please note this prediction excludes ceilings.  Who knows when I'll get around to all that mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment