Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Green Plastic Thumb

My backyard green thumb continues to florish.  As a matter of fact, just this morning I found a bunch of new tomatoes growing in my garden.  Unfortunately the same can not be said for my indoor gardening abilities.  First there was the The large tree thing I brought home from the office and put in the dining room.  Granted it wasn't in the best shape when I brought it home but conditions have not improved since.


I also managed to kill the other plants I brough home from the office.  What hit me the hardest was probably the cute succulent I got for my living room.  It was a brand new plant, not one that had lived most of its life in a 60 degree office with no real sun light.


This was what caused me to give up on my indoor green thumb and imbrace my indoor plastic thumb.  Thanks to the fake plant section at IKEA it was a pretty cheap fix.

For just a few dollars I now have the same look on the coffee table but no longer have to worry about watering.  I also got a plant for the window ledge in the kitchen and one that will eventually find a permanant home in my under construction office.


I gave it my best shot when it comes to indoor gardening but it looks like fake plants are the way I'll have to go for now.  I think they look great.  Hopefully they are not a gateway drug.  Otherwise next I might be telling you how I gave up on my front lawn and put in Astroturf.

No comments:

Post a Comment