Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Front Hall Finished

I finished up all my trim work on Friday and by Saturday it was time to begin painting the Sterling Grey so that my front hall could match the rest of the house.

It was a hard area to paint since there in no light in the hall.  I had to rely on natural light coming in through windows and the other rooms' lightbulbs.  This was particularly hard on Sunday when the sun kep ducking behind clouds but I finally for it all finished.

Not a huge difference but the color brightened up the area that was once drab beige.

Before
The hall now blends in when you see it from the dining room and entry area.
before

after


 I still need to finish the nasty ceiling.  That's going to require taking the vent out and spray painting it, painting the attic door and then finishing up the normal ceiling.  With 20 mph winds this weekend, I just wasn't up for spray painting.  I also need to replace the nasty string that hangs down from my attic.  I'm sure I'll get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment