Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Monster Chair

Happy Halloween!  I have been planning and executing an attack on a monster in my house.  A monster chair that is. 
It has been hard to make progress on this side of the office with a giant chenille rusty red chair in my path.  I toyed with getting rid of it but decided it would be more economical to try to work with it.  While at JoAnn's Fabric one day I grabbed a swatch of a fabric that caught my eye.
It was a fun navy houndstooth but a little overpriced.  I was determined to find it online for a better price.  And I thought I had.  But then my fabric came in the mail.
I had accidentally ordered a 44" wide printed fabric.  No bueno.  Not one to be deterred I came up with a solution.  I bought a few $2.00 a yard 72" yards of felt to back my flimsy purchase.
My plan was to use spray adhesive to back the fabric with felt, making it a little more durable.  Here's a sneak peak of what the chair will eventually look like once recovered and back in the room.

Much better that the rusty red, right?  With my fabric problems solved I began on what would become an entire week of staple removal to strip down my chair.  More on that Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment