Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Recap

Last night marked my second Halloween in my new house.  Sidenote, not sure when my house officially stops being my new house but just go with it.  To prepare for the night I first did some basic housekeeping.  My front lightbulbs were swapped out with ones that actually function.  I never even realized I had 3 out.  Then came a little clean up.
Up close everything looked in order but my sidewalk and driveway were covered with millions of acorns.  I did a pretty big sweep a week ago but they just keep dropping.  I had also slacked on getting any fall color planted. 
My trip to Home Depot for plants was pretty sad.  They only had small mums left and the colors just weren't that nice.  I opted for all yellow flowers since they were the most cheerful available.  I got 3 mums, a yellow lantana and a couple of yellow pansy plants.

Nothing too spectacular but it was the best I could do on a Tuesday night.  Hopefully they will blossom and look wonderful for Thanksgiving.  After cleaning up the front, I made sure I was stocked up on candy.  Props to Mom for letting me know about the candy body parts at Target. They are pretty awesome. 
All my preparation paid off and Halloween at my house was a success!  Here are my stats and how they measure up against last year.

Time
  • 2011 - My first trick or treater showed up at 6:30, lights off at 8:20
  • 2012 - My first doorbell rang at 6:17, lights off at 8:30
Kid Count
  • 2011 - 44 tiny people
  • 2012 - 45 tiny people
I had a little bit more candy left over this year but that's because I bought 4 bags.  I would say the majority of my trick or treaters were 6 and under.  I had some very cute costumes and a few I couldn't figure out (but didn't want to insult the kid so I didn't ask).  All in all is was a blast and I look forward to next year!  Maybe I'll get 46 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment