Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Yard Cleanup

You know you're getting old when you are still sore from yardwork you did 3 days ago.  This past weekend I cleaned up the yard a bit just in time for my bulk trash pick up.  The front yard had again filled with acorns and also leaves from my neighbors' trees.  The back yard was just getting downright shaggy.

I started by cutting back my garden.  I got rid of everything except my pepper plants that are still producing ample peppers.

Next it was time to tackle the alley.  I don't think I've been back in my alley since I cleaned it up in the spring.  It's not a fun place to hang out, but the vines that were growing through my back fence were drving me crazy.

 That vine made a pile in the alley that was almost as tall as I was.  I sprayed a little RoundUp in hopes of keeping it clean back there...at least until next spring.  I think I now have the cleanest alley area on my block.


Next up a mow for the backyard and suddenly things were starting to look much neater.  If I would just get around to building those flower beds along the back fence.
 
I also need to figure out why my roses are laying down on the job.  Oh well, at least they are blooming and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment