Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stitched Placecards

Something about the cooler weather always makes me want to do needle crafts.  So strange, I know.  Every winter I pick up the crochet needle or start knitting.  I'm currently working on a needlepoint but when I ran across these patterns on Martha Stewart's website, I picked up my cross stitching supplies.
I didn't really have a plan when I started.  I just started mixing and matching the heads and bodies to create my family, or at least the ones I would be hosting for Thanksgiving.  My winter needle craft habit is evident by the fact that I had all these supplies in my possession. 
At first I thought I might put these in frames but then I wanted to add a take home treat element to the placecard.  Mason Jars!  Aren't they always the answer? 
I filled then with colorful M&M's...a family favorite, added a little stuffing behind each cross stitch and then created my lid.

A little corny, they added a fun little element to the table.  Hopefully I offended no family members with my rudimentary renderings. 
Not a bad little project and it only set me back about $10 for jars and M&M's....both of which I got to keep the leftovers.  Score!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! You could totally sell those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love them and know were to take them for refills. The entire meal was fantastic and I give the presentation a 10.

    ReplyDelete