Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Temporary Seating

I have a plan to eventually add at least two more chairs to my dining room setup.  I only have four now and that means even with all three leaves in the table only four people may sit at a time.  My problem is that I haven't found the perfect chairs for the perfect price.  Story of my life.
Table with only 1 leaf in it
Normally this is not an issue.  Most of the meal hosting I do takes place in the living room around the sectional and the table is just used as our buffet.  This week I am hosting my family for Thanksgiving and there will be 5 of us.  Since I was a chair down, I picked up a folding chair for about $15.  I figure this was a useful purchase that will come in handy during many occasions.
It's a hair lower that the other seats at my dining table but it's going to work just fine.
I decided to fancy it up a bit after seeing a similar project online.  I had plenty of leftover fabris from when I reupholstered the dining chairs.
Once I convinced Biscuit to find another place to hang out, I cut a small piece to cover my vinyl seat.

Piece of cake!  It's still obviously a cheap folding chair but the matching fabric makes it much more chic.

Ok, off to continue my baking and meal prep for the big day!  I'll be back after the holiday with more on how my feast went and if I managed to poison anyone.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment