Monday, November 19, 2012

Idol Worship

This weekend I met my absolute favorite home bloggers John and Sherry from Young House Love.  I love their style and check their blog daily to check out the renovations they are doing around their house.  This month they released a book and I was so excited their book tour would come through Dallas. 
http://www.younghouselove.com/
I showed up at the West Elm down the street from my house an hour before the 11:00am signing started and was already at least 100 people back in line.  My friend Kristi joined me and by about 11:20 we had made it into the actual store.  While waiting we were served hot drinks and cookies galore!

Line behind us after about 2 hours of waiting
Line wrapped around the building outside
I was so excited about getting my book signed yet had no clue what I was going to say to these people!  I didn't know if I was going to geek out and come at them chatting a mile a minute or clam up.  I pretty much clammed up.  Luckily Kristi and I walked up together and the conversation turned to Kristi's 8 month pregnant belly.  They signed our books, we had a laugh, Sherry correctly guessed Kristi was having a boy and then we got to pose for a photo.
I was so excited to get home and pour through the book.  It's packed with great home improvement and home decor projects.



They love me!  Ha!  And the other 600+ people that ended up showing up Saturday morning.  It was such a fun experience and great to meet people that I totally idolize when it comes to home renovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment