Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Day Success!

This year's Thanksgiving was even better than last!  The turkey turned out just as good, we had more family to share the day with and my desserts were edible!  What more could you ask for? 
 
I grilled a turkey breast using the same recipe that I used last year.  It is so easy and comes out perfect!  I like that it pretty muchs cooks itself and doesn't require any basting.

We had quite the spread and plenty of leftovers!  I might be eating turkey for the next month.
 After last year's pie issues, I was hesitant about making my desserts this year.  I decided on a pumpkin cheesecake and a crumble top apple pie.  They both turned out excellent!  And I'm so glad I was warned that my beautiful cheesecake would probably crack a little after being removed from the oven.  I think I would have freaked out if I didn't have that warning.

 Luckily my pumpkin cheesecake came with a topping recipe and I was able to hide the creavice.
 The apple pie turned out perfect as well.  Last year I tried a recipe that rehydrated dry apples with cider and it did not turn out so well.  This year I peeled real apples.  The crispy top made the pie almost like a cobbler and pulled double duty in hiding my not so perfect lattice work.
It was a great day will family, football and fabulous food!  I'm so glad I finally mastered the dessert portion of the meal.  I can't wait to get back in the kitchen next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment