Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Chair is Finished!

My extra fabric showed up on my doorstep yesterday and I was able to tackle the rest of my chair.  This gave me something to do last night since nothing was on TV except election coverage.  I had already made my felt patterns of the 3 pieces I was lacking so all I needed was to cut the new fabric and start putting it all together.  The cushion was a little challenging but I'm happy to report I now know how to install zippers!

I slapped it all together and man, was I excited with the result.  It's not perfect by any means, but it looks great.

Next came the challenge of getting it back into the office, removing the legs and squeezing it through doorways. 

 So for less than the price of a slip cover, and much less than the price of a new chair, I've given this giant chair a whole new life.  Or at least a couple more years until I get irritated with it's massive size again. 

 
Unfortunately the rest of the office is a mess right now so I can't show you a full room shot at the moment.  I'm cleaning out closets and files and generating various piles of junk.  The Presidential Race may be over but my Race to Finish the Office Before Thanksgiving is just getting warmed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment