Friday, November 2, 2012

So Many Staples

Before I could start recovering my chair, I had to first uncover it.
The person that put this chair together must have been paid by the staple.  I spent days pulling out hundreds of staples using a screwdriver and needle nose pliers. 

 
I made sure to note how I took everything off so that I could eventually put it all together.  I piled my removed pieces in the corner and would use those to make my patterns.

Reassembly would mostly be stapling but I had to sew the rolled arms and will have to sew the main cushion as well.

I left a little of the old fabric on in places that I wasn't needing a pattern.  It meant less staples to remove and that was a-okay with me.  Once I got the arms on, I picked up my staple gun and next thing you know it started looking like a chair again.


I had a jammed gun that slowed me down on Wednesday night but by Thursday I was back up and running.  Unfortunately I ran short on fabric.  I forget that more is needed when you have to pay attention to the direction of the fabric pattern.

No worries, additional fabric should be on my doorstep by next Wednesday so hopefully my next chair post will have a completed chair moved back to its home in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment