Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unboxing Christmas

My Thanksgiving leftovers were barely cold and I was already up in the attic pulling down Christmas decorations.
I was excited to see all the stuff I bought after Christmas last year at the bargain sales.  I had forgotten about everything.  First order of business was to relocate poor Biscuit's house.  I had to stick her in the corner so I could put the tree up.
She didn't seem to mind, in fact I think she likes being tucked back in the corner even better.  She also did really well as I decorated the tree and didn't seem to interested in it.  Hopefully that means no doggie destruction.  I phased out most of my red ornaments and now my tree is a softer pink, blue and green.

Last year I bought blue and silver garland for the mantle for some sort of steal after Christmas.  It was a little short for my mantle but I spiced it up by hanging my felt trees off it.  I think I snagged those on sale 3 for a quarter.  Not bad.
 
I am going to keep my dining room table centerpiece pretty simple.  I really like the new runner I got for Thanksgiving so I'm keeping that on and just adding a little tree.
My other little trees are still a work in progress.  I have a few on my makeshift entry console and then one in my front window.


The decorations have definitely gotten me in a festive mood!  I've even scored a few Christmas presents already.  No, nothing is wrapped yet.  That would be pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment