Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Office Plans

Okay, it's time to get back to getting this house done.  My next project to tackle will be my office.  Right now it's pretty much a dumping grounds for anything that doesn't have a home...and it also happens to have a desk in it.

It's the same beige as everything else in this house was and has the same oddly formal drapes.  With 6 panels around the room, it really is an excess amount of taffeta...gold taffeta.  I've had paint chips hanging for quite a while and eventually narrowed it down to three colors.  The testers have been up for a couple of weeks now.


Yep, I'm going navy.  It may seem a little risky to go that dark but I've got 3 big windows in the room.  The trim will be painted white for contrast, as will the three doors in the room, which should help balance the dark colors.  It is a little hard to tell the actual colors in my photo but I'm going with the middle one that has a hint of teal in the navy.  Here's an idea of the look I'll be going for.

Nice right?  My main accent color will be the white and then I plan on pops of bright orange to cheer things up.  Here is a little mood board showing my vision.

I think it's going to be fabulous!  I started working on the trim this weekend and hope to finish it up by next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment