Monday, September 17, 2012

Orange Accents

 My office transformation is coming along.  I finished painting all the trim white and am now dreading painting my ceiling.  Hopefully I will get it all done this week.  I'm not letting myself buy the blue paint until I'm done.
In an act of procrastination, I started working on some of my orange accents for the room.  I basically just searched around for old decorative items in my house that I wasn't currently using anywhere.  I bought a can of orange spray paint and also picked up a $2 can of Oops Paint Orange. 
The first items I painted were these brown cardboard boxes.  I subscribe to Birchbox gifts and receive a box full of beauty product samples each month.  The boxes are nice and sturdy so I've been saving them thinking I'd eventually come up with a use for them.


They turned out great and are going to be awesome organizational boxes for my desk.  I think I'm going to spray paint a couple more since I have a few.



I turned some little candles orange along with an old shabby chic style bird house.  The bright color turns everything into modern little accents.  The orange frame was picked up at IKEA, already orange, for $1.99! Now that I have a few inspiration pieces in orange and white, I should probably get back to addressing my ceilings.  Rats.

1 comment:

  1. This is fun! Kristi and Nikki are working on their orange accents too so I can live vicariously through all of you!

    ReplyDelete