Monday, September 10, 2012

Three Becomes Two

It's with sadness that Pablo and I report our roommate Stewart moved out this weekend.
This was not an easy decision nor was it a hasty one.  Stewart was not happy with the fact that I had a full time job that I was required to go to.  He hated being home alone.  He was hurting himself and I just couldn't stand to watch him suffer.  
 He was a happy boy when I was home, constantly at my side, ready to lick my face at a moments notice, but when all alone, he was miserable.  He deserves the chance to find a family that can be around him more and give him the attention he needs.
I take comfort in the fact that his heartworms were killed in my care and he can now lead a long, healthy life.  No one knows what Stewart's life had been before entering the rescue system and what hardships he faced.  It is wonderful that he still loves people and trusts them.  I wish we were able to get past his separation anxiety issues but it just was not happening.
For Pablo's safety and my sanity, we did what we feel was best.  I will never forget Stewart and the time we had.  He went back to his old foster mom yesterday.  She was welcoming and understanding.  He licked her face upon seeing her and then sat down on her foot.  We had a long talk about what kind of household Stewart would do best in and I left knowing she had his best interests at heart.

Pablo keeps looking around for Stewart, confused as to where he's gone, but happy that no one has yanked him off the couch or sat on him lately. I told him we will continue our search for the perfect third roommate, but for now we are just going to remember the good times we were allowed to have with Stewart this summer.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry it had to come to this my friend ;-( It sounds like you made the right decision and you will both be happier for it in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so sorry too. But you definitely did what was best for all of you. He will find his forever home soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. You were his Nurse Angel that brought him back to health and for that he will forever be grateful!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry to hear that but you did make the best decision. Great blog tribute too!

    ReplyDelete