Friday, September 14, 2012

White Bookshelf

I've made some real progress on my office trim paint.  Painting this room isn't as fun because I have no TV in this room but at the same time the quietness has been a nice stress reliever this week after very hectic days at the office.  I'm thinking I might even tackle the ceiling before going to buy my Navy wall color.  While I contemplate things, I have been bringing smaller projects into the living room and painting them in front of the TV at night.  My first item to tackle was a book shelf from my office.

This is a hand-me-down bookshelf from my parents.  I believe it and it's twin were brown when I first got them and then I painted them black some years ago.
 I decided the weather was to muggy and hot for spraypaint so I've been using Rust-Oleum's paint line to get projects done inside the house.
 It definitely did the trick brightening up this little shelf.  I only did one because I don't think I reallly have room to keep both of them in this room.  I haven't come up with a plan for the other one yet.  And don't even get me started on my ridiculously big chair and if I'm going to recover it or just get rid of it.
 Next up, I plan on painting this free mirror white.  First I have to figure out how to remove the wood support pieces attached to the back from the days it hung over a dresser.
And I really think I want to take my simple Target desk and file cabinet white as well.  Painting my wood furniture doesn't bother me seeing that all of this is basically wood veneer over MDF.
I think the light pieces will look great against the dark walls and be a great showcase for my orange accents!  Making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment