Monday, March 19, 2012

Green Weekend

While Saturday was all about green beer and my bright green pants, Sunday was all about my green thumb.  The weekend-long rain storms held off and I was able to get tons done on Sunday.  I actually started off on Friday, using Weed-B-Gon with my water hose in an attempt to kill off these massive broadleaf weeds that are taking over my lawn.  I'm not sure what they are but the are gross and grow very fast.  By Sunday you can see they were already shriveling away.
My first chore on Sunday was to mow the front and back yard.  Because my lawn is consumed by weeds, I've been mowing every weekend this spring.  Now, I don't mind mowing but it's a lot more rewarding when you are actually mowing GRASS.  Sigh.  So for now I'm mowing weeds...oh, and leaves.


Once I finished mowing I spread grass seed in the front and back.  I have Dense Shade seeds under the front tree and then used Bermuda seed on the other areas.  I'm hoping to get grass growing on my boulevard since for some reason when I moved in it was only dirt.

My front yard is slowly filling in and hopefully the extra seed will help.  Can I mention how hard it is to properly lay grass seed when the wind of an approaching storm is fighting against you?  Not fun.


Now, this is not the most exciting post but I'm slightly obsessed right now with getting my grass to come in.  I promise to post about my pretty new flowers and the vegetable garden progress in the coming days.  Those will be a lot more exciting than watching grass grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment