Monday, March 5, 2012

Raking is Not My Idea of Fun

Ok, actually I enjoyed the raking when I first started on Saturday.  The giant piles of leaves I created were just begging for a kid to come jump in them.  The raking itself was a nice upper body workout.  I think it was right about the time the first wind gust came that my excitement began to wane.  Not only were my piles of leaves blown away but my tree would dump a whole new round of leaves on the yard.  And don't get me started on the number of times the wind blew the bag of leaves over and dumped out my hard work. Two hours of workended up filling 7 giant leaf bags.

Every muscle in my body aches and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up doing one more round of raking before my bulk trash pickup next Monday.


I definitely improved the situation but I'm afraid hundreds of more leaves have fallen since the photo above.  Sigh.  Oh well, at least when they fall they cover up all the bald spots in my lawn.  Maybe I should let them stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment