Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pablo's Picasso

Last night I made my 4th trip to Painting With a Twist.  This time the theme was "Paint Your Pet".  I believe the hardest part of this was actually finding a picture of Pablo 1) awake 2) with his ears up and 3) in focus.  When he's awake, he's a fast little thing.  I finally settled on this picture to paint.
We emailed the photos in early so when we got there last night our stations were all set up with our colors and a rough sketch of our pets.

It is so much harder to paint your pet than to pet a random dog because you are trying to get their personality into the picture.  Of course, Pablo's personality is a mixture of laziness and disdain so that made it even harder.
All in all I was really impressed with how it turned out!  He looks a little creepy but you can definitely tell it is him.

Here is the Picasso version of Pablo with Hank.  They make quite the team.
I think I want to get a totally obnoxious gold baroque frame to put around Pablo and make this little area shrine-like.  I think it's fitting.
Something along the lines of this:

The bigger and the tackier the better.  I'm not positive how Pablo feels about all this attention but I'm pretty sure he's eating it up.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, my granddog is so handsome! Love the huge frame and maybe over the fireplace with spotlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww he looks SO proud! Love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete