Monday, March 12, 2012

Pablo's Garden Finished!

I had a very small window on Saturday morning to do yard work before the rain came at noon.  I'm pretty impressed by what all I was able to finish.  It's amazing how good one works under the gun.  Speed gardening might be my new hobby.  As a refresher, here's how far I got as of last weekend.
Friday night I measure the space to figure out how much stone I would need to border the bed.  It was about 18 feet and depending on the stone, it would cost about $30-50.  Then I realized that my other bed (the snake bed) had just enough to do the job!

Taken before I was aware of the snakes that lived there
There are two rows of 12" stones in the photo above so at 9am on Saturday I carried them one by one to the opposite corner of the yard.
Some are a little dirty because they were planted upsidedown at the other bed but they will clean up eventually.  It was a perfect fit.  I dashed to Home Depot and stocked up on a few plants and my landscaping all-star, Red Mulch.



I got the last of my mulch poured right as it started to drizzle outside.  That drizzle would turn into 24 hours of rain ( 1.5" according to my gauge). 

A HUGE improvement on what it originally looked like....

I love the color it added to the back corner.  It's starting to look like a backyard that's lived in and enjoyed. 
And while Pablo may not appreciate his garden, at least Hank will have a good time "Christening" it next month when he visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment