Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Flowers!

After sorting out all my grass issues on Sunday I moved on to planting flowers, flowers that are hopefully enjoying the 5+ inches of rain they've received in the last 24 hours.  I start out finally planting something in my wonderful birthday present pot I got from Ken.  I went with a red begonia because I have a decent track record with these plants.
It was the perfect pick-me-up for my patio area.  I think I also need some brighter pillows on that loveseat.  Mine are a little drab.

 Last Friday I found the most beautiful hydrangeas at Lowe's.  I have no experience with these but I figured I would give one a whirl.

If I succeed, this could turn into a pretty big bush so I'm starting it out in its own little bed.  I picked up these log edgers at Home Depot for $7 each and in no time, had a new flower bed.

If I can keep these beds going, I hope to sometime join this entire side of the yard into one big flower bed.  I also added some caladiums to Pablo's bed.

 My hosta has started to grow since I put it in last week!  That's a good sign.  I haven't done too much to the front yard yet.  I added a wandering jew into the mulched part of my yard.

It looks a little rough but this whole area will get remulched once my tree stops doing it's thing.  Last but not least I bought 3 asiatic lilies for the sole reason that they were so bright and fun I couldn't resist.  I put them in the front bed along my house.  Hopefully they will get enough sun to survive.


I think I'm going to be able to get the front remulched in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime I'll focus on getting my vegetable garden up and running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment