Monday, May 7, 2012

Air Plants

Back in December I bought a few Shane Power's glass bubbles from West Elm.  I gave a couple as a gift and then bought myself one.  They are open glass bubbles that you can grow air plants in.  It's like a terrarium minus the dirt.
Unfortunately I have never been able to locate the actual air plants that go in them.  I think I was out of season with my search.  This weekend I happen to swing by West Elm and they were actually selling air plants in the store!  I loaded up for my bubble and the two bubbles I gave my uncle Ken.  Here are my little plants.

They don't require dirt but you do need to water them and expose them to sunlight.  I'm very interested to see if I can keep these things alive.  I hung my bubble in the kitchen, tied to my curtain rod.

The plants just hang out.  I'm using a spray bottle to water them.


They are a little creepy looking or maybe just quirky, but I like having a little green in the kitchen.  I'm hoping I'm better at keeping air plants alive than I am at sustaining houseplants.  I've killed two of those since move-in day.

I would like to create some sort of succulent garden inside my house as well , but first I'll see how the air plants fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment