Monday, May 21, 2012

Free Foliage

Friday at work I spotted a nice surprise when I went into the kitchen after lunch.
Our plant lady had replaced some office plants that had grown too tall for their home on top of our hallway filing cabinets and offered the old ones up to a good home.  Now, I've never been too good with houseplants but I figured I could keep them alive if they could survive in our office, not even near windows.  According to my Googling, they are Zee Zee plants and they are tolerant of "low light and neglect."  Perfect!

I bought two pots at Home Depot and for the time being they are living in my living room.  I'm not sure if this is permanent.  I like the one by the TV but do they look too small to be sitting on the ground?


I may have to test them out in various locations.  I'm also not sure if they will continue to grow taller or maybe even wider.  While at Home Depot I also grabbed this cute succulent garden in a pot.

I like the idea of adding a little greenry to the living room.  I'm just going to have to play with the arrangement a little.  My general avoidance of houseplants has left me with very little knowledge on how to showcase them in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment