Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Computer!

My house is stepping in to the year 2012 with a new Ultrabook!  My desktop has about reached the end of its life and I've been trying to figure out what to replace it with for months.  I really wanted to go with the Apple MacBook Air but a few things held me back.  Namely, price and converting my life from PC to Mac.  Since my office runs on PCs I decided in the long run, I should probably stick with it as well.  After searching for non-Apple options that were still fast and super portable, I decided on the Acer Aspire Ultrabook.
It's pretty comparable to the MacBook Air 13" and it was about $400 or so cheaper.  It is so thin!  It's about the same thickness as my iPhone which is completely crazy to me.

This Ultrabook will fit into my handbag and make traveling with a laptop much easier than with the older models. 

I am excited to be able to take it with me to Europe this summer.  I'll be able to keep all my photos organized and blog as well. 

I also have a webcam now, so I can Skype with my out of town buddies!  I think I'm going to love being so up to date on my technology.  Now comes the fun part of trying to clean out my old desktop and figure out what all needs to be transferred over.  Zzzzzzzzz.

1 comment: