Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lettuce Entertain You

My friend Carol forwarded me this picture of her dad and his garden the other day.  Have you ever seen such beautiful lettuce and cabbage? 
Note, Carol's dad isn't a cartoon but I figured I shouldn't go posting people's pictures on the internet without permission.  Anyway his lettuce and cabbage almost look fake they are so perfect!  You may or may not remember that I too planted lettuce in my garden (spinach actually) yet I haven't really mentioned it in a while.  Well there's a reason for that.
This is my holy spinach.  Obviously some bug has taken a liking to my Harmony Hybrid Spinach and doesn't have the patience to wait until harvest time.  I haven't given up hope yet but it is not looking pretty.  I think I may have to go out and buy me some more lettuce seeds and attempt to grow it in a pot.  Watch out, Mr. Crockett.  I consider this a challenge!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment