Thursday, May 17, 2012

The First Supper

My garden has made a lot of progress in the 50 or so days it has been in existence. 

Day 1
 
Day 52
I really thought the first thing I would harvest would be my favorite tomato that was one of the first things to start growing.  But alas, I came back from Naples to see the ants had gotten to it.
It had a crack in it so I guess the ants saw that as a welcome mat.  It looks really good, though!  I can't wait until I get a chance to try one.  I should get my chance in a few days.

A couple of days ago I had my first harvest that ended up being okra (not my favorite tomato) and then yesterday I picked two more veggies.
Last night I took my prized veggies and created a little meal.  I sliced everything up and steamed/sauteed them on the stove and then threw them over some brown rice.

I was worried I wasn't going to really care for the okra (especially since it wasn't fried) but it was great!  The flavor of everything was awesome.  You could really taste the difference from grocery store veggies...or so I told myself.  My jalapeno was crazy hot! It's going to make for amazing salsa once the ants stop eating my tomotoes.

1 comment:

  1. I have been sooo worried about how your garden did while you were here! So relieved to read you only had one tomato murdered. Bon Appetite my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete