Thursday, May 31, 2012

One Year Anniversary

One year ago today I was heading to my closing and getting the keys to my new house.  I can't believe it has been a year already!  I still love my house more and more every day and haven't once regretted my purchase.  Here's a little before and after collection of what I've gotten done (and what I haven't) in the last 365 days.
 Slowly but surely my lawn it perking up.  It's still trial and error at this point but it's definitely in better shape than move in day.
 I love my bargain bench and throw pillows that welcome you in the house.  I have yet to just sit on the front porch and take in the scenery but it's nice to know I have the option.
 Getting rid of the random doorway curtains was such a relief.  Who does that?  I still need to move this furniture out but since I haven't found the pieces I want to go in the space, they just sit there.
 The dining room is getting so close.  Once that table gets painted, the rest will be quick and easy.
 Not much has gone on in my office.  It's pretty much become a storage room for now.  I have a feeling it will be one of the last rooms I get to but I'm ok with that.
 The guest room is good for now and has even had a few guests.  Some day those curtains will go and the walls will be painted.  Some day.
 I love the dining area of the kitchen!  It's just so fun.  Hopefully the countertops, backsplash and appliances will get some attention in the coming year.
The laundry room is cheerful as well.  Notice I have 3 dog leashes...but only one dog.  Hopefully this next year will see me adding one more dog to the house.  I already have his food dish set up below the laundry basket.
 The living room has probably gotten the most attention in the past year, but then again it is where I spend the most time (when not sleeping). 
I'm so relieved to finially have something hanging above my couch.  I don't have too much planned for this room anytime soon, except maybe getting Pablo a blanket that matches a little better than the Christmas colored one he's using now.
 My bedroom is coming together.  The 4th duvet finally won out.  I have art on the walls now but my room wasn't clean enough for more recent pictures.  Story of my life.
I'm toying which changing up this headboard somehow.  I built it about 8 years ago.  I'm thinking I'll either paint it or cover it with fabric.  Who knows.
 The bathroom is actually currently in the middle of a big change.  More on that next week.
 I'm really excited about how far my lawn has come, especially since I've never had a lawn before.  I look forward to expanding the landscaping in the coming year and really turning it into an enjoyable space.
It has been such a fun year.  I've learned so much and can't wait to see what the next year in the house has in store.  I predict many more Home Depot trips and a lot more elbow grease!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 1-year anniversary! You have done a great job with your house and I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

    ReplyDelete