Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Veggie Tales

May looks like it's going to be an action packed month for my vegetable garden!  Over the weekend I welcomed some new developments. 

My three separate squash plants have all been blooming and now I even have a couple of actual squash coming in.
My okra plant that is no longer being covered by out of control squash has perked up and now has several tiny okras growing.  Note to self...figure out what I can do with okra other than frying it.

I have too many tomatoes growing to count.  They are all still green but I wouldn't be surprised if some start reddening by next week.
Lastly, I am most excited about this little guy.  My pepper plants haven't been looking as good as I was expecting, but then I don't really know what they are supposed to look like.  All I knew was that they haven't seemed to grow much and their tiny flowers just seemed to wither and die.  Well, fear not!  Apparently all is on track.
That little guy will someday be a "jumbo jalapeno" and I can't wait to throw him in some fresh salsa.


No comments:

Post a Comment