Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life is Going to the Dogs

There have been lots of dog activities in my life lately.  My parents adopted a new pup into their house.  His name is Casey and he enjoys belly rubs, frisbee chasing and walks with my Uncle Ken.
Two weeks ago, while on my pillow shopping trip to Gardenridge, I also adopted a dog.  He was quite the bargain.  I call him Milo.

Every night after work he's there at the front door to greet me.  And he's the last face I see as I leave each morning.

Pablo seems to get along with Milo as well.  And this weekend we'll see how he likes Casey.  First we have to get him well.  Pablo, along with the rest of Dallas, is suffering from allergies after our mild winter and that has resulted in a little eye infection.

He was great at the vet but he is not a great fan of the eye drops I have to give him twice a day.  And he HATES the cone.  It was amusing for me to watch him negotiate his way wearing it but then I realized he couldn't eat or drink.  He could only pout. 

Sad chihuahua
 I bargained with him.  I took off the cone but he's not allowed to scratch his left eye.  Humiliation aside, he seems to be doing good.  And Milo hasn't exhibited any signs of allergies yet.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love Milo! Did they have any really tall dogs at Gardenridge?! I have been looking for like a spaniel, lab or dalmatian that I can put ribbons around his neck for different seasons. But I can't find one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember exactly what they had in the tall variety. I remember a smaller Shelby style pup but I think I was only focusing in on the smaller ones. It's definitely worth a shot! I was impressed with their selection.

    ReplyDelete