Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My First (edible) Tomato!

I have been losing tomatoes left and right from my Patio Container tomato.  I think my plant has aphids or something.  Everytime one gets ready to be ripe, a whole appears and then the ants set in.
3 tomatoes down the tube
Luckily my other 3 tomato plants seem to be fairing better.  They are behind as far as their ripening schedule but last week I was able to pick my first tomato from the Talladega plant!  I brought it inside to finish ripening in hopes of avoiding bug incidents.

Last night I decided it was red enough to devour.  I sliced it up and tossed it into a chicken wrap.


I swear this was the most delicious tomato I've ever eaten!  It had so much flavor!  I can not wait for more tomatoes to ripen.  I'm going to be eating them like candy.  My second tomato is already in the house ripening and it looks like I'll be bringing some cherry tomatoes in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment