Friday, June 1, 2012

Veggie Update

The last week or so I've taken in a pretty good haul from the garden.  I usually bring in a few things every other day.
I've been eating a lot of squash with my dinners.  I had a bug outbreak in the squash so it looks like I'll have a little break before more comes back in.  This is fine with me.  I mean, seriously, I've been eating a lot of squash lately.
My tomatoes are doing really good.  I've been bringing them in the house at the first sight of pink skin and allowing them to finish ripening in a paper bag.  This seems to be keeping me from losing any more.


They taste so good.  The wrap above was dinner last night.  It looks sparse but underneath my store-bought spinach is avocado, cheese and blueberries.  My Mucho Nacho Jumbo Jalapenos have been coming in faster than I can keep up.  I'm hoping to make some salsa this weekend.  I have to stay on top of them because now my Spicy Pepper Mild Jalapeno plant is starting to produce.  I'm going to be set for jalapenos.

My bell pepper plant has been making peppers, but they are oddly long.  It's like I'm growing anorexic bell peppers.

I'm not sure if they will eventually plumpen.  The first 3 were eaten (not by me) before I found out the answer.  I have been battling bugs and possibly squirrels.  I tend to just pick off bad fruit and toss it into the yard.  I have a little graveyard going at all times.

I guess I can't expect to be a perfect gardener first time out of the gate.  You win some you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment