Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Master Bath Makeover

Even with the addition of a fun shower curtain, my master bath was pretty drab.  Like every other room in the house, it was painted beige on beige.
I spent about a month with various paint chips taped to all the walls, but kept coming back to a page from Better Homes & Garden (picked out by the Ambassador of Paint aka my mom).

Once I settled on green I just bit the bullet and picked one instead of buying any testers first.  I went with Asparagus by Behr. I thought this was going to be a big disaster because when I threw a little up on the wall my first thought was baby poop.

I put aside my fears and started with painting the ceiling and trim white.  By the time I got ready to paint the walls, the baby poop was growing on me.  It darkened as it dried.  And once I got a second coat on, I was really digging the color.
I think Asparagus might be a bad name for this color, though.  I would actually call it more of an avocado.  That works for me because I love avocado! 



The room is so much brighter!  It's hard to get good pictures since it is the world's smallest master bathroom.  Seriously, my guest bathroom is bigger than this one.  When, if ever, will I expand this one?

Probably when pigs fly.  Turns out, I don't really need a lot of space to shower and brush my teeth. 

2 comments: