Monday, June 4, 2012

New Roommate, Stewart

 After about a month of going to various adoption events around Dallas, I found a new furry friend this Saturday.  His name is Stewart and he's about a year or so old.  He is a 60 lb hound/lab mix (mutt). 
 He is one of the most mellow dogs I have ever met.  He follows me everywhere I go around the house and just lays down.  Part of his mellowness may be due to the fact that the poor guy has heartworms.  Supposedly his case is mild.  He will be on meds for the next 6 months and should test negative once done.  The rescue group is covering the cost of this. 
 I feel so bad that he's sick!  But with such sweet eyes, I will stick by him and make sure we get him all well.
He sleeps alot.  Sometimes his sleepyness interfers with his ability to follow me room to room.  I'm pretty sure I caught him fall asleep while standing up yesterday.  I bought him a few toys but he's been too busy sleeping to really pay them any attention.
 No real damage so far, other than these scratch marks from the first time I left him in the house alone.  Lucklily it's just the paint scratched off and the wood is fine.  I think he was just trying to look out the little window in the door.  I checked on him at lunch today and all was fine.  He was sleeping on my bed when I got home. 
 I'm trying to teach him to pose for photos but he has a tendancy to look away.  He's a shy boy.
He loves the backyard.  I'm trying to overlook the fact that I catch him peeing on my rose bushes about once a day.  After all, he's really cute.
Pablo is pretty cool with his new bodyguard.  I think he's just excited that they share the same hobby: napping.  Welcome home, Stewart!

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable! He has won the lottery having you be his new "mommy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY he is soooo cute! I can't wait to meet him ;-) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete